- Who Is Craig and What’s His List?
- How to Find Free Shipping E-tailers
- How Do Boomers and Seniors Use the Internet?
- 5 Top Sites for Last Minute Travel Deals
- Should You Join Facebook Now?
- Six Tips for Taking the Social Networking Plunge
- Better Bookmarking with Delicious
- Five Reasons You Can’t Afford to Dismiss Facebook and Other Social Networks
- Patient Websites Provide Bridge to Family and Friends
Tag Archives: privacy settings
By Marilynne Rudick on September 4, 2010
Your kids may think there’s nothing wrong with posting pictures of boobs and booze on their Facebook page. But decision-makers—college admissions staff and potential employers—may disagree. Long after the party, inappropriate photos and content could turn up in a Google search. What advice can you give your kids about safe social networking?
By Marilynne Rudick on June 15, 2010
In response to an uproar from Facebook users about the complexity of privacy controls and concerns about how personal information was being used, Facebook revised its privacy controls. But did it solve the problems? The response is mixed. Bottom line: wait and see.