- Five Reasons You Can’t Afford to Dismiss Facebook and Other Social Networks
- How Do Boomers and Seniors Use the Internet?
- 5 Top Sites for Last Minute Travel Deals
- Are Your Spices Older Than Your Kids?
- About Us
- Six Tips for Taking the Social Networking Plunge
- E-Mail’s Five Golden Rules
- Half-Price Ticket Service Gets a Goldstar
- Should You Join Facebook Now?
Category Archives: Travel
A friend’s daughter studying in Costa Rica wrote a daily blog post about her experience. She wrote the posts in Spanish. Since her parents weren’t fluent in Spanish, they used Google Translate to convert her posts to English. How good a job did it do?
You can share your photos with friends via e-mail. But a better way is to upload and share photos on Facebook, or a photo sharing site such as Picasa.
It’s true that the early bird often gets the best travel deals. But sometimes you need a quick get-away. Happily there are often rewards for last-minute travelers.Travel suppliers would rather get less money for a hotel room, than no money for an empty room. Check out these last-minute travel sites that offer hefty discounts.
I love books–the feel, the heft, the act of turning pages. The idea of curling up with a good eBook seemed unappealing. But my book-loving friends who’d gone electronic were converts. And with Amazon now selling more eBooks than paperbacks, there’s no denying the inevitable. So, in December, I bought a Kindle. Do I love it? For the most part, yes.