- Who Is Craig and What’s His List?
- How to Find Free Shipping E-tailers
- Should You Join Facebook Now?
- How Do Boomers and Seniors Use the Internet?
- 5 Top Sites for Last Minute Travel Deals
- Five Reasons You Can’t Afford to Dismiss Facebook and Other Social Networks
- Six Tips for Taking the Social Networking Plunge
- Better Bookmarking with Delicious
- Are Your Spices Older Than Your Kids?
- Previous Post
- Next Post
A Six Pack of Useful and Fun Websites for Women
Googling websites for women turns up 161 million hits. There are websites for moms, grandmothers, stepmothers, single mothers, working women, stay-at-home women, single women, senior women, boomer women, straight women, gay women, entrepreneurs and job seekers. There are websites about fitness, finance, fashion, and feminism. You name it, and there’s a website devoted to it.
So, what are the best websites for women? Okay, I didn’t look at all 161 million, but I did make a dent. Here are six that stand out from the pack. They all feature interesting, useful, and well-written content. Their organization and design are user-friendly. They are content driven, not sales driven.
1. Hello Ladies: News and information for smart, busy women. This site runs the gamut.
- Timely and Topical. It’s Equal Pay Day, Let’s Try This Again
- Profiles and Tributes. Judith Jamison, Elizabeth Taylor, Geraldine Ferraro
- Fun. If Husbands Were Shoes
2. She Takes on the World. I love the punny title. The website offers an engaging mix.
- Provocative. Women Who Wear Makeup Earn More Money. . . True or False?
- Advice and tips. Basics Blogging for Business Success
- Lifestyle. Chevy Volt Engineers: How Do You Manage a Work-Life Balance?
3. More: For Women of Style and Substance. The online edition of More, a magazine for women of a certain age.
- Humor. Want a Sugar Daddy: There’s an App for That!
- Inspiration. Kathryn Stockett’s ‘The Help” Turned Down 60 Times Before Becoming a Best Seller
- Fitness. Star Trainers’ Top Workout Tips
4. Impowerage. Its motto: Why age gracefully, when you can age powerfully?
- Personal stories. It’s Never Too Late to Learn to Love Public Speaking
- Money. Protecting Your Finances in a New Relationship
- Travel. House Sitting: A Unique and Inexpensive Way to Travel
- Research: The Glum March of the Baby Boomers
- Culture Watch Reviews. The Tiger’s Wife and Henrietta Lacks
- Relationships. When It Comes to Speed Dating, Too Much Choice Is a Bad Thing
6. The Juggle. A blog site that examines the choices people make juggling work and family.
- Money. He Spends, She Saves, They Fight
- Lifestyle. The Name Change Dilemma
- Work. That’s Not in My Job Description
Full disclosure: WebOver50 posts appear in Impowerage and Senior Women.
Do you have any websites you’d like to add to this list? Share them by posting them as Comments.
- Take a look at Forbes Top 100 Websites for Women.
- Previous Post
- Next Post